Friday, May 9, 2014

New Work: My Brain Still Functions!

"CA 1" ,9x12" , mixed media on canvas board.
© 2014 Susan Springer Anderson 

Hello again! Ten and a half months post baby and almost 2 years away from paint- I'm back to work! In my little make shift studio I've been working on a new set of collages for about two weeks now, and I can whole heartedly say that this is the most normal I've felt since finding out I was pregnant. My brain is actually functioning creatively and I feel more alert and in-touch with the world than I have in ages! 

There's lots to catch up on from the last year of silence on this blog. Over the next few weeks I'll tell you about our journey from New York to California by way of Wisconsin and I'll follow up on a post I wrote about the possibility of having children as an artist a few years ago. There's much to say, but until we're all caught up, here are a few (not so amazingly lit) images of the new work and one in process. It's good to be back!


"CA 2" ,9x12" , mixed media on canvas board.
© 2014 Susan Springer Anderson 
"CA 3" ,9x12" , mixed media on canvas board.
© 2014 Susan Springer Anderson

The base layers of paper and paint being interwoven and arranged before being glued into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment